THE PRINCIPLE OF CARING FOR GOD’S CREATION
In a bid to extend our support to the less fortunate in the society, Willfreight Express Cargo personnel came up with the idea of offering scholarships, dry foods/snacks and toiletry to Children’s Homes within Nairobi County every Monday morning. The choice of the Children’s was determined by:
- The state of the Children’s Home.
- Their level of need and;
- The number of children present.
After a quick survey around the city by the Marketing team, the following Children’s Homes were identified:
- Light and Hope for Children with Disabilities – Korogocho
- Catherine’s Children and Education Centre – Kibra
- Nageya Children’s Home – Mathare
- Christ’s Chapel Children’s Home – Huruma
- Kwetu’s Home of Peace – Ole Sangale Rd. (Close to Strathmore University).
So far, we have shared dry foods and snacks in all the five children’s Homes and are glad to also have a scholarship beneficiary from Nageya Children’s Home (Nancy Awuor Ogola – now admitted at KMTC Bondo Campus). Keya, an orphan from Light and Hope for Children with Disabilities has benefited by receiving a pair of crutches from Willfreight Express Cargo Services.
Willfreight Express Cargo Services is anticipating to continuously support the society around it and the world at large in varied ways. We thank everyone for the support accorded to us over the years.